Fun Fats Episode #2 - Fuzio Bar & Ristorante

On this episode of Fun Fats, me and my mum decided to doll up and get to the city centre for a girls night out. Everyone in the family has severe fear of choosing what to eat, we decided to narrow down to Italian cuisine and use the Zomato app to hunt down a few Italian restaurants for us. We ended up choosing Fuzio among the rest because it had one of the highest ratings!
 
Once we stepped in, I was instantly impressed because you can feel a really cozy ambience as the restaurant was thoughtfully decorated. There were candles and wine glasses on each table and classic oldies playing which made it look as if we were stepping into a bar in Paris.
 




 
Although there were only 2 of us and neither did we order any fancy main course, they were no where stingy with the appetizer. After our order was taken, the friendly waiter quickly sent a tray of complimentary warm, fresh housemade breads our way. There were Italian Grissini Breadsticks ( the long and crunchy kind) and traditional Italian bread served with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.

 
The first dish that came was actually our Pasta Vongole but I am an OCD and I cannot have appetizer before main course so let's just pretend that our Bruschetta was served first. This bruschetta ( RM12) in a set of three was on par with our expectations and somewhat even better because the bread was crispy enough while the tomato salsa was fresh with a tinge of spiciness from the garlic. Although this is a really basic and simple dish, trust me, you can go wrong. I have tasted bruschetta that are wayyy to spicy with garlic cloves all over it and it was a horrifying experience.

 
Our main was this Spaghetti Ala Vongole ( RM36). I have watched countless Youtube tutorials how how to perfect Vongole because its my ultimate favorite pasta dish beside Aglio Olio. All the Vongole that I have tried are mostly cooked with white wine, and I mean A LOT of white wine because I can actually feel the strong taste of acohol but Fuzio's take on this clams-based pasta was more on a creamy side. Surprisingly, the sweetness of clams goes perfectly with the slightly buttery broth and I might actually prefer this over the usual winey base. The clams was a 10/10 fresh and you know that it was never frozen prior to cooking. The spaghetti was also cooked to al dante which is rare among the western restaurants in malaysia. This dish definitely set our expectations high for the pizza coming up!

 
How can we skip pizza when we are dining in an Italian restaurant? We went for a basic mushroom pizza with truffle oil - The Funghi (RM32) which was 11 inch in size. Given the amount of mushroom and cheese on the pizza, I would say the price is justifiable. It was cheesy and the mushroom did not overpower the unique aroma of truffle oil even when the pizza was covered with such generous amount of mushroom which is known to have a strong distinctive taste. I love the thin crispy crust which was still covered with some flour because it just shows how authentic is the pizza! I wouldn't say that it was the most unforgettable slice of pizza I have ever had, but it was satisfying nonetheless.

 
Yes, we have come to an end because me and my mum are the smallest eaters in the world. We couldn't even finish the pizza and packed 60% of it home for tomorrow's breakfast. I know some people find that it is "unglamorous" or frugal to pack leftovers back from a semi-fine dining restaurant, but I think there is absolutely nothing wrong with preventing food wastage. You really expect me to leave 60% of the untouched pizza there to be thrown away???
 
Ok back to dessert. The friendly waiter recommended Chocolate Flan with Gelato (RM28), Tiramisu(RM28) and Panna Cotta with rasberry sauce (RM24) for our sweet ending. At this point, we were close to a food coma so we settled for the least heavy one which is the panna cotta since the sourness of the rasberry sauce will help with digestion. The waiter even asked us if the dinner was for any celebration and what do we want to write on the dessert plate which was such a thoughtful gesture! However, it took a significantly longer time (think it was around 15 minutes) to be served which unconsciously raised our expectations. When it arrived, I was kind of shocked at how small the portion is but at the same time, very relieved because we will not be wasting any food. I loved the creaminess of the panna cotta and how the sourness of rasberry complement the creamy texture. It would have been more perfect if the rasberry sauce tasted less artificial ( maybe it was ready-made rasberry syrup). Overall, a decent dessert to put an ending to our dinner.
 
I have to say Fuzio definitely did a whole lot better than my expectations. From the ambience, the service and food, there was nothing much to complain about and it left me a very good impression. There will defiinitely be a second visit as we have yet to try out their Antipasti sharing platter which looked incredible. Do try it out yourself if you are around the area!
 
Till next entree,
Cecilia
 
Fuzio Bar & Ristorante
  29, Jalan Berangan, Bukit Bintang, 50200 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
+60 3-2110 0303 ( accept reservations)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Blackhead Journey

3 Looks for June.

My Current Night Time Skincare Routine