My 2017 Valentines Present


For many couples, Valentines is all about roses, candle light dinner and grand romantic gestures. But for my boyf, it has always been about being practical so he planned for a short getaway to our neighbouring states which I really enjoyed so much!

Our 4 days 3 nights trip started from the North in Penang. The 4 hours drive completely drained us although I was pretty much only in charge of taking "accidental" naps while the boyf did all the driving 😜 I was really looking forward to cafe hopping in Penang because I have seen so many of their scenic cafes on Instagram and they left me in awe!

So our first stop was the iconic China House which takes pride as the longest cafe in Penang. I have never came across a concept cafe like this one with cakes, coffee, art gallery, mexican food annnd live band performance at night! I managed to take a few shots in different parts of China House and ended up trying their cakes which smelled and looked so good I swear.



 

 

 
 
Need to give their cakes a shoutout because it was so good! I can't remember the name of the cake (RM18) but it was a very decadent blend of chocolate, almond, dates and cream which had me at first bite. I was a little skeptical when boyf picked this among the 50 cakes China House sell because I am not a big fan of dates but it turned out so heavenly and less guilty too. We also ordered a mushroom quiche ( RM15) for the boyf who is (unsurprisingly) not a fan of dessert. We thought the quiche was decent but a little too bland compared to the cake.
 
*Do note that China house has a policy that requires 1 order per guest so leave some room for good dessert before you drop by.  
 
We then walked a few streets down to our next cafe which was within walking distance, Lavish Fusion Bakery. A little tip to get here is you can actually exit from the other end of China House and you will see Lavish Fusion Bakery right across the street!
 
This one is a more modern and minimalistic cafe which also housed a pretty florist shop. We were already stuffed by now from the cake and quiche just now so I only picked a tiny Peach danish pastry (RM4.90) to share with the boyf which was on display. It turned out quite mediocre but I would have totally tried their food menu if I weren't so full.
 

 
 
 
 
Made use of my new Kylie crossbody bag from Sophia The Label for 4 days straight!
 
 


 

After just 2 cafes we were exhausted again so we headed back to rest. Well technically there were 4 cafes in China House and there was also a lot of walking under the sun so we ain't that weak are we!? Later that night I changed into a new outfit and had dinner at Maple Palace which took us by surprise because we were totally not expecting such a posh environment! Didn't manage to take any photo of the dishes but the food was GOOOD. I would say the price is fairly reasonable for the quality of food but be ready to splurge when you are here.
 

 
 


The next day, we headed south to Ipoh for another 2 days 1 night stay. As we have already been to Ipoh a few times, we decided to loosen up our schedule and spent most of our time in the hotel. This Weil Hotel has got to be the most posh and luxurious hotel we ever stayed in! Although the price was on the higher end but there was absolutely no regrets because we were greeted with great customer service, hotel interior and a very very deluxe-looking room.
 
 
Hotel lobby itself is already so photogenic!
 
 
 
View from the hotel roof. There is also an infinity pool on the roof, overlooking the whole Ipoh city! Shucks I forgot my swimwear so I didn't manage to take a dip.
 

 
Still using my Kylie Crossbody bag on day 4!
 
 
You can also have drinks by the pool at night while enjoying the million dollars view.
 
 
Pun intended?
 

 
 
@Plan B Ipoh

 
The interior of Burps and Giggles cafe. We ended up not dining in any of these cafes because we were still so stuffed from lunch. But their one of a kind of artistic interior is definitely worth a mention here!
 
I really love a short getaway like this. Even though it was in bound, we still enjoyed ourselves and found new ways to fall in love with our country. I would definitely encourage everyone to travel local before going anywhere else! Thank you Bae for planning this for us, Happy Valentines Day ❤️️
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Blackhead Journey

3 Looks for June.

My Current Night Time Skincare Routine