My Pixi Collection

Hello world! I'm back with another post after a long hiatus. What do you expect from a person with 2 full time jobs right? So I shared about my obsession with Pixi on my insta story a while ago and I received so many enquiries about them that I seriously could not have replied everyone! So I decided to document it here so you girls can have a more detailed read about it.

My skin condition: 
- Combination skin 
- Oily on T-Zone
- Non sensitive 


Current skin condition. Free from breakouts but my dark eye circles is so noticeable fml. 😭

[ Post Update : I just did a skin test with SKII when they came to my office for a road show and this is the results! My skin is 15 year old only omg?! My overall skin score is 77 which he said was above average. I swear it's all thanks to Pixi because there is nothing else I changed about my lifestyle or skincare routine. The SKII staff was actually very impressed with my skin as he found minor to no problem other than the texture which was caused by a minor breakout I had on the side of my face he tested. Oh btw, this breakout was caused by a new serum I introduced to my routine 2 days ago from Mamonde. I have since stopped using it and my skin is recovered. So lesson learnt, no more Mamonde for me. I actually purchased the Welcome Set from SKII so I might pen down my review after 2 months and fingers crossed it is worth every penny. ]




Tadah! Yes I am quite a crazy fan. Basically I bought everything Pixi available on Sephora to try ( except a few others that I really don't need like mud mask and toner pad) I know some of you may think that Pixi is quite expensive but I must say that for the result that I am seeing, it is almost the best in the skin care market! I was once quite obsessed with my Laneige Sleeping Mask but I realized that it somehow loses the magic after a while. I actually asked another friend of mine who once loved the mask and she agreed with me too so please let me know if you feel the same!



My Pixi journey began with their best selling product - The Glow Tonic (RM140). To be honest, my skin didn't turn magically smooth and bright over a week but its a gradual improvement after about a month or so. My skin has always been quite acne prone, never really had crazy breakouts in my life (SO BLESSED I KNOW) but I do have some zits here and there. My skin was also quite dull cause I have the bad habit of sleeping late and I don't drink enough water. In fact, I wasn't the one who realized the noticeable improvement in my skin but my friends did! Everyone started asking me what did I do to my face and I was like?! Nothing much except this toner! This toner claims to gently accelerates cell renewal to reveal a brighter, glowing complexion while balancing, healing and soothing your skin. I would say it does the job pretty well in terms of brightening and it does not cause any form of break out too!  I have been using it for every single day about 6 months now and I still have about half a bottle left, a little goes a long way with this one.



After seeing such satisfying results from the glow tonic, I invested in another Pixi product which is this Glow Mist (RM93)! This is my holy grail when I want to look extra dewy for the day without looking too over the top. It leaves your skin moisturised, bright and GLOWY! It is not the kind of glow that people will mistake as grease but a very healthy looking glow. I have read a lot of reviews on how this is perfect for setting your make up too but I think it does more than that! For a person who applies minimal make up, I spray this on to create the illusion that I have make up on and it is working well. It doesn't smell amazing, and to some extent it's a unpleasant argan oil smell but it subsides after a minute so it's still a 10/10. 




My dupe for the Laneige Sleeping Mask! This Pixi's Nourishing Sleep Mask (RM71) provides nourishment to skin while you sleep and leaves your skin feeling baby-butt smooth and plump looking when you wake up. The texture is thinner than the Laneige version I must say. It sorts of "disappear" when you wake up where as the Laneige one leaves some form of sticky residue. I would like to believe that it is more easily absorbed by our skin. 😂 It is also more portable than the Laneige Sleeping Mask in tub! 



This is my first Pixi product to run out 😔 I am not sure if I'm over-using it but I most likely will not be repurchasing this for the steep price tag of RM120. At the first glance, this Rose Caviar Essence is so aesthetic looking! Texture wise, it is a gel-like serum that literally is absorbed by your skin seconds after you apply it on. Because of how fast-absorbing it is, it leaves your skin feeling moisturised, refreshed and cool after applying. And the rose granules that you see also magically disappear after applying so don't worry about that. This serum isn't the most popular Pixi product just yet because it is relatively new and there are not much reviews about it. But a few actually mentioned that they are not quite impressed about this serum in the sense that they don't see significant improvement in their skin. 



Peel & Polish Mask (RM135) is the latest addition to my holy grail list! It is an enzyme peel that reveals healthy looking skin by using natural fruit enzymes to loosen up dead skins cells while the lactic acid gently exfoliates. Unlike my other exfoliating masks, this one only needs to be washed away within 2 minutes. But I must say that when I put this on, I actually can feel a slight tingling sensation on my skin as if they are really being "activated"?! Don't worry it is definitely not an uncomfortable or painful sting but more of a minty, cool feeling. I use this every 2-3 days as exfoliating masks can be quite harsh on the skin. However if you do it right, exfoliating masks helps to scrub away any dry flakes or dead skin on the surface! 

Note : It is recommended that you put on sun screen after using this peeling mask because it contains AHA that increases your skin sensitivity towards sunlight.



My first time ever introducing oil into my skin care routine and trust me, I was skeptical about it too! After reading so many reviews and doing extensive research, I decided to give this Rose Oil Blend (RM124) a try. I know we always try to get rid of oil on our face but apparently, it is not all that bad.


“The barrier function of skin is a mix of oil and water, which serves to protect the skin from bacterial invasion, environmental stressors and dehydration. When you deplete all of the oil the skin will become dry, dehydrated and reactive.” – Rhonda Robb, licensed esthetician and Bioelements educator 

*Sudden realisation* I also read it here that when you strip your skin off all oil, it actually causes your skin to produce more oil in defense. Eventually, your pores will be clogged up and skin becomes more prone to break outs! My verdict after using this product? It is indeed true! I like to add a drop of this to my daily moisturiser instead of using it on its own so it won't be too overwhelming. IT IS AMAZING! It really keeps my skin feeling moisturised for longer hours especially now that I work in an air conditioned environment. Very minimal greasy residue will be felt on your skin since it is fast-absorbing. The scent is also very calming, reminds me of the essence oils used in massage parlour. 



🙅🏻‍♀️🙅🏻‍♀️🙅🏻‍♀️🙅🏻‍♀️🙅🏻‍♀️🙅🏻‍♀️🙅🏻‍♀️🙅🏻‍♀️
This one is a big no for me. Ever since I stepped into my twenties and started feeling the tiny weeny threats of ageing, I was looking for a serum that is a little more intensive to save my skin. I was hoping for this bottle to be the one but unfortunately, it is not living up to my expectations.  Being priced at RM121, this Overnight Glow Serum is said to be a revitalising 'peel' that gently dissolves that bonds that bind dulling, dead cells to skin's surface to reveal the healthy "new" skin cells underneath. But nah uh, it is not all that for me! I felt that this leaves a very oily and sticky residue on my face, making me feel that it is not being absorbed well. Gave it a few tries but no significant difference is felt but only woke up with oily skin every time. 😥 


So there you have it, my personal experience with Pixi products after a 6 months journey with them. Please also do more extensive research before deciding to invest into any skin care as the price tag can be quite steep. You can find some useful reviews on the Sephora app itself or here on Cult Beauty. I hope this helps y'all! 💕 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Blackhead Journey

3 Looks for June.

My Current Night Time Skincare Routine